Hate Cardio? Here are 15 Great Alternatives You Can Use to Help Torch Stubborn Body Fat
While cardio does have its place many of us hate the sight of a treadmill or stationary bike.
Below are 15 alternative methods to help reduce your waistline and drop a jean size or 2.
You don't have to make all of these changes at once. Start with 2 or 3 and build from there over the coming weeks. It won't be long until you begin to see a real difference in your body. and you'll feel fitter, healthier, and more confident too.
1. Take Up A Sport – Ditch the treadmill and try something different – football, tennis, badminton, basketball, boxing, netball, hockey etc
2. Lift Weights – The more muscle you have the greater the number of calories your body will burn – even at rest.
3. Increase Intensity – If you’re going through the same tired routine every time you work out it’s time to change it up a bit. Lift heavier. Do super-sets. Try a new fitness class.
4. Eat Enough Protein – Protein will keep your hunger at bay. Aim for 1 gram of protein for every pound of body weight.
5. Listen To Your Stomach – Breakfast is not the most important meal of the day. Skip it if you’re not hungry.
6. Use An App – MyFitness Pal is a great free app that helps you track your calorie intake. Use it to help gain an understanding of how much you're eating and to help you with portion control.
7. Get In A Calorie Deficit – Once you have an idea of how much you are eating aim to reduce your intake by 250-500 calories a day to achieve weight loss (1lb of body fat contains 3500 calories)
8. Build Healthy Eating Habits – Consume unprocessed whole foods 90% of the time.
9. But Do Not Deny Yourself - If you ‘go on a diet’ or restrict yourself from foods your body craves, you will eventually binge. Treat yourself the remaining 10% of the time to prevent blowouts.
10. Load Up On Fruits & Veggies – They are low in calories and contain lots of fibre which takes longer to digest. You’ll feel fuller for longer on fewer calories.
11. Drink Water – Water is a great appetite suppressant. If you feel peckish you may just be thirsty. Aim for 2-3 litres a day.
12. Get Plenty Of Rest – If you don’t get a good night’s sleep you are more likely to overeat that day as your willpower won't be as strong. Aim for 7-8 hours of quality sleep a night.
13. Enjoy Yourself - Take time out to relax and have fun. Get outdoors in the fresh air. It will reduce your stress levels and leave you recharged for the week ahead.
14. Try Intermittent Fasting – The 16:8 method is a great way to prevent you from snacking/binging in the evening as you consume most of your calories later in the day. My blog here has more information on this.
15. Ask For Advice - If you feel you can’t do it alone get an expert to help you out. Hire a coach, dietician or personal trainer to help you get you where you want to be quicker and easier.
Adopt as many of the above as possible and you may never have to step foot on a treadmill ever again!
Any questions, please feel free to get in touch.
Don't Miss Out!
If you enjoyed this article then you'll love the content I send to my email list every week. These are exclusive posts that are not published anywhere else.
You can sign up using the box below and you'll also receive a copy of my book The No-Diet Blueprint' for free.
No spam, I promise. You'll only ever receive super useful tips and advice. And the occasional funny story.
Sign up below
Lose Stubborn Body Fat In Just 5 Easy Steps - FREE Guide!
I have written an ebook to help you to torch stubborn body fat and drop a jean size or two without the pain of traditional diets and with minimal fuss to your life.
The No-Diet Blueprint contains 5 easy-to-follow steps to show you how to get in awesome shape without ever feeling like you're on a diet or having to spend hours and hours working out.
Simply enter your email address below to claim your FREE copy today.
Get 'The No-Diet Blueprint' For Free Today
FULL DISCLOSURE: You will also receive an email from me 2-3 times a week packed full of useful (and sometimes funny) content... and you can opt out at any time